What you’ll be doing
WeLab Virtual Banking Talent Program is a 6-month program, sponsored by the HKMA and starting from 1 September 2020 to 28 February 2021 for highly motivated recent university graduates who are looking to build their career in one of the first virtual banks established in HK.
During the 6 months, you will have work rotations in two departments: Legal and Compliance. There, you will be given the opportunity to learn from and assist our legal counsel and compliance managers in their day-to-day jobs.
You will also be provided with in-house training and training organised by HKMA in collaboration with the Hong Kong Academy of Finance, the Hong Kong Institute of Bankers (HKIB) and other relevant bodies and reputable market practitioners.
- Assist Legal in reviewing and proofreading documents/contracts
- Assist in handling of the Bank’s Intellectual Property matters (e.g. filing applications, managing deadlines, managing portfolio)
- Assist Compliance in handling new laws/regulations and implementation
- Assist Compliance in reviewing marketing materials
- Assist Compliance in preparing compliance reports
Hone Your Professional Skills: You will develop your professional skills in your area of specialty through focused stream experience. This hands-on experience and training will empower you to grow your future in your area of interest in the fintech industry.
Tailored mentorship: Discover your potential and build your career with the support of visionary mentors with extensive industry experiences.
Network Exposures: Become our ambassador, representing WeLab, the Hong Kong’s home-grown fintech unicorn in the fintech scene.
Who we think you are
- You are a highly motivated recent university graduate with a Bachelor degree in Laws (either alone, or in conjunction with other degrees), Business Administration or Accounting and Finance
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese (either Mandarin or Cantonese)
- You are a self-starter who is ready to grow and challenge yourself working in a fast-paced fintech company
- You possess a growth mindset and you are intellectually curious, with the passion and ambition to build a virtual bank with love together
- You are a team player, resourceful, solution-oriented and collaborative
- You have strong written and verbal communications, analytical, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Please submit your resume with your covering letter describing why you would like to join us to [email protected].