- Act as the Compliance Officer and Money Laundering Reporting Officer, with oversight of all AML/CTF activities in Welend and overall responsibility for establishing and maintaining Welend’s AML/CTF systems.
- Provide support to Senior Legal Counsel on general compliance matters, including Money Lender Ordinance and Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. Monitor effectiveness of compliance framework, enhance controls and procedures, where necessary.
- Develop and maintain Welend’s AML/CTF systems to ensure they remain up-to-date and meet current statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Review all internal reports of suspicious transactions and exception reports; determine if STR filing should be made with JFIU. Act as the main point of contact with JFIU and law enforcement agencies on AML/CTF matters.
- Develop and implement system for maintaining CDD and STR internal review reports, working closely with IT and Operations team.
- Develop and provide training to staff on AML/CTF and other general compliance matters.
- University degree in Accounting & Finance, Business, Law or related discipline.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in AML/CTF or compliance function.
- In-depth knowledge of AML/CTF laws and regulations, familiar with banking compliance standards.
- Experience in banks or regulators will be an advantage. Experience in retail banking, personal loans or money lender operations will be highly relevant.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; prioritise and deliver high quality work.
- Ability to work independently and strategically, open to tackling new issues and sounding out new ideas.
- Ability to make, support and defend difficult and complex regulatory compliance decisions.
- Ability to work with colleagues in different functions and across all levels.
- Strong communication skills; team player.
- Candidate with more experience will be considered as Senior Compliance Manager
We offer competitive salary package to the successful candidate. If you are interested in joining this exciting team, please email your resume to us at [email protected]。
All information provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.Submit your resume