Software Development Lead
About this role:
As a Software Development Lead, you will be one of the key persons in driving technical excellence and delivering quality software for the WeLend digital platform and business-related applications. You will work in an energetic project team in a fast-growing tech company to design, develop and deliver high-performance, high-traffic and high-throughput software applications to contribute to the business growth. You will get plenty of chance to explore new technology and develop your career and leadership in the FinTech domain.
What you’ll do and what success looks like in this role:
- Analyse, design, develop, test and implement complex, high performance, high throughput and high transactional systems and applications
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to ensure solutions fit within the overall architectural framework
- Drive the architecture and detail design of technical solutions based on business requirements, technology roadmap and other constraints
- Provide technical guidance to the software development team in the delivery of technical solutions, perform code review and maintain coding standards and best practices
- Prepare technical documentations, including technical proposal, design document, etc.
- Manage DevOps activities and pipelines, participate in process optimization and improvement
- Monitor application and site performance
What is required and what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Computer Science, Information Engineering or related disciplines
- At least 12 years’ relevant experience in software development/ architecture role in designing and developing both customer-facing and in-house software applications and systems
- Experience and knowledge in one or more popular web development frameworks such as Rails, React, Play, NodeJS, etc.
- Familiar with databases, e.g. MySQL / MongoDB / PostgreSQL / Redis
- Strong experience and knowledge in API, system integration, microservices, business reporting, OOP and software engineering concepts and best practices
- Experience and knowledge in cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Heroku), containers and orchestration tools, networking and cyber security and APM tools is an advantage
- Proven track record in development and delivery of Agile/Scrum teams
- Innovative and passionate in emerging technologies and enjoy a start-up environment
- Excellent communication skills, analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Fluent in verbal and written English and Chinese
- Competitive salary
- Learning and development stipend, because we value lifelong learning and believe the best way to invest in our employees is to encourage them to continue to learn
- Work hard and laugh lots (chicken wings and french toast, etc.) with a high-performing, fun and diverse team
- Weekly afternoon teas and fully stocked fridge
- Coffee stipend
- Conveniently located office surrounded by diverse and delicious lunch options
- Lively office with gaming consoles and a ping pong table
- Fun extracurricular activities with your colleagues like hiking, yoga, badminton, wine tasting, dragon boat racing, rock climbing, etc.
- Employee referral bonuses
Awards & recognition:
- KPMG’s 2018 Fintech Top 100 – #7 in China and #23 globally, only Hong Kong fintech recognized on the list for 3 straight years
- The Asian Banker’s “Best Business Model” and “Best Data Analytics Initiative” in 2018
We offer competitive salary package to the successful candidate. If you are interested in joining this exciting team, please email your resume to us at [email protected].
All information provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only. Information of unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed within 12 months of receipt.Submit your resume