Group Product Lead
About this role:
Along with the CPO, you will be responsible for ensuring all products and all markets are aligned with overall company strategy. You will be executing on the local level, side by side with the local product teams as well as other functions (design, engineering, marketing, etc.) and help drive their product strategy, as well as identifying synergies across markets and business lines. You will be responsible for ensuring best practices in product management and development are implemented such as consumer focus groups/customer surveys, usability studies, conversion rate optimization and testing. You will be expected to contribute meaningfully to product ideation based on a deep understanding of customer needs. You will also be responsible for ensuring that WeLab is at the forefront of technology by being in tune with the latest and newest technologies that are applicable to the business.
What you’ll do and what success looks like in this role:
- Support CEO and CPO vision of building and launching the best fintech products with superior user experience, making product WeLab’s competitive advantage. Goal of making WeLab products top 10 products across all the relevant categories with industry leading NPS
- Build, lead, manage and mentor product or other related teams – both at group and local level – to deliver products that customers love
- Formulate overall WeLab product strategy and roadmap and work with local product, business and tech and design teams to effectively deliver according to the overall strategy
- Have the foresight to formulate the technical vision and development of WeLab product for the next 5-8 years, but also have the ability to execute on short term initiatives
- Build, implement and cultivate strong product culture and best practices – instill habit of rapid and continuous testing and learning, continuous innovation and collaboration, effective product reviews and other product-related processes and procedures (developing budgets, forecasts, metrics, unit economics).
- Spearhead and implement initiatives that allow for better, more-informed, data-driven decision making across the entire organization, whether it’s business decisions, hiring decisions or product decisions
- Identify and implement new technologies and drive innovative ideas and solutions that will enhance WeLab’s product or operations
- Identify synergies across all WeLab businesses whether it’s standardizing technologies across markets, sharing customer insights or go-to-market strategies for other products.
- Painstakingly in-tune with the latest tech and product trends and developments around the world and constantly aware of new, innovative business models
What is required and what we’re looking for:
- 5-8 years of product management experience, ideating, building and optimizing products
- Previous experience in financial/fintech products a plus
- At least 5+ years of management experience and building highly effective product teams
- Ability to understand business models and pricing – can work well with business and finance teams; strong understanding of technology – can work well with engineers; values simplicity and user-centric design – can work well with designers; knows how to package and position ideas – can work well with marketing teams
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and demonstrates eagerness to both lead and build (strong strategic thinking with ability to execute)
- Competitive salary
- Learning and development stipend, because we value lifelong learning and believe the best way to invest in our employees is to encourage them to continue to learn
- Work hard and laugh lots (chicken wings and french toast, etc.) with a high-performing, fun and diverse team
- Weekly afternoon teas and fully stocked fridge
- Coffee stipend
- Conveniently located office surrounded by diverse and delicious lunch options
- Lively office with gaming consoles and a ping pong table
- Fun extracurricular activities with your colleagues like hiking, yoga, badminton, wine tasting, dragon boat racing, rock climbing, etc.
- Employee referral bonuses
Awards & recognition:
- KPMG’s 2018 Fintech Top 100 – #7 in China and #23 globally, only Hong Kong fintech recognized on the list for 3 straight years
- The Asian Banker’s “Best Business Model” and “Best Data Analytics Initiative” in 2018
We offer competitive salary package to the successful candidate. If you are interested in joining this exciting team, please email your resume to us at [email protected].
All information provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only. Information of unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed within 12 months of receipt.Submit your resume