Group Corporate Development and Investor Relations Manager
About this role:
WeLab is growing its corporate development and investor relations function and looking for a real team player to be part of this dedicated function. You will become an important part of the team to drive growth and corporate development opportunities, with plenty of access to top Senior Management and exposure to external stakeholders.
What you’ll do and what success looks like in this role:
- Play a key role in supporting WeLab leadership to develop strategies and evaluate new opportunities in the corporate development pipeline, including capital raises, M&A opportunities and other corporate finance activities
- Support deal negotiation, deal structuring and due diligence, including cross-functional coordination of finance, risk, product and legal stakeholders and information
- Conduct rigorous analysis including valuation and business case modeling to provide guidance and insight into corporate development opportunities
- Formulate and communicate overall company vision and strategy to current and prospective investors, while developing and maintaining long-term relationships with investors, analysts, partners, etc.
- Organize and formulate materials and presentations for investors and board meetings, conduct investor meetings, road shows and conferences.
- Identify/track key themes and topics for investor discussion and inform senior management on industry trends and emerging trends
- Respond to investor communications and requests for information
What is required and what we’re looking for:
- 5-8 years’ related experience in investment banking, management consulting, private equity, corporate planning or related fields.
- Solid foundation in corporate finance, strong corporate valuation capabilities and technical knowledge of capital markets transactions
- Experience in fintech/FIG, tech and pre-IPO environment is a plus
- Strong presentation, communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills in financial or startup environment
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills, good project management and people skills
- Excellent command of both written English and Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese)
- Excellent proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint
- High level of reliability and humility
- Competitive salary
- Learning and development stipend, because we value lifelong learning and believe the best way to invest in our employees is to encourage them to continue to learn
- Work hard and laugh lots (chicken wings and french toast, etc.) with a high-performing, fun and diverse team
- Weekly afternoon teas and fully stocked fridge
- Coffee stipend
- Conveniently located office surrounded by diverse and delicious lunch options
- Lively office with gaming consoles and a ping pong table
- Fun extracurricular activities with your colleagues like hiking, yoga, badminton, wine tasting, dragon boat racing, rock climbing, etc.
- Employee referral bonuses
Awards & recognition:
- KPMG’s 2018 Fintech Top 100 – #7 in China and #23 globally, only Hong Kong fintech recognized on the list for 3 straight years
- The Asian Banker’s “Best Business Model” and “Best Data Analytics Initiative” in 2018
We offer competitive salary package to the successful candidate. If you are interested in joining this exciting team, please email your resume to us at [email protected].
All information provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only. Information of unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed within 12 months of receipt.Submit your resume