BI Data Architect
About this role:
As a BI Data Architect, you will be the metadata management specialist to implement the bank data governance projects. You are responsible for creating or working on the Data Governance framework, which serves the specific purpose of maximizing the potential of data assets. You will support BI Lead to create or manage metadata that helps business units to use data more efficiently and accurately.
What you’ll do and what success looks like in this role:
- Responsible for designing the Data Management Framework to create a data-driven environment for the whole organization
- Define enterprise data models, policies and standards which support and align with the firm's vision and objectives
- Work with the Tech team in defining the technology strategy, solutions and architecture in data
- Establish and maintain core data models, information standard and data management lifecycle controls
- Provide End-to-end data design and management for data acquisition and processing, data quality and governance for the Enterprise Data platform
- Develop and improve data governance standards including records management, data quality, metadata, modelling, and data provisioning
- Work with the Tech team in creating technology platforms across Data Management and Governance Platform, integration platform between applications running on-premise and on cloud and Data Lake / Data Visualization / Data Analytics Solutions
- Work with relevant parties on data quality and data governance
- Work on ad hoc projects
What is required and what we’re looking for:
- Degree holder in Finance, Statistics, Technology or other related disciplines
- Minimum 5 years of experience in data role supporting multiple specialty areas of Data Management
- Strong capacity to work with complex data
- Strong project management skills in managing business data governance solution implementation and delivery of projects
- Experienced in implementing data solutions on the Big Data platform including Data Lake, HDInsight, Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with business stakeholders to design enterprise-wide data attributes that help gather seamless business requirements for reports, datasets, dashboards and other artifacts. Knowledge of banking industry preferred
- Ability to work independently and strategically, open to tackling new issues and sounding out new ideas
- A proactive and can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin.
- Competitive salary
- Learning and development stipend, because we value lifelong learning and believe the best way to invest in our employees is to encourage them to continue to learn
- Work hard and laugh lots (chicken wings and french toast, etc.) with a high-performing, fun and diverse team
- Weekly afternoon teas and fully stocked fridge
- Coffee stipend
- Conveniently located office surrounded by diverse and delicious lunch options
- Lively office with gaming consoles and a ping pong table
- Fun extracurricular activities with your colleagues like hiking, yoga, badminton, wine tasting, dragon boat racing, rock climbing, etc.
- Employee referral bonuses
Awards & recognition:
- KPMG’s 2018 Fintech Top 100 – #7 in China and #23 globally, only Hong Kong fintech recognized on the list for 3 straight years
- The Asian Banker’s “Best Business Model” and “Best Data Analytics Initiative” in 2018
We offer competitive salary package to the successful candidate. If you are interested in joining this exciting team, please email your resume to us at [email protected].
All information provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only. Information of unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed within 12 months of receipt.Submit your resume